Thursday, July 9, 2009

Art; A Messy Subject.








Georgie O'Keefe, Chaos in the studio. Recycling clay. Basically what my life has consisted of the past two days. Yesterday I got to catch up on some work in the studio and recycle (and salvage) some clay and slurry from the throwing wheels. There was some mosaic materials left over from the Art Camp and Professor Miller let me take some home (Thank you!), I made a few picture frames and some hair clips (one picture of a frame). After work I had some time to throw a new mug on the wheel. I will bisque fire it next Thursday with the work from the summer camp (picture throwing on the wheel).

Today I went back to teaching Intro to painting to the summer camp and these children amaze me more and more each day. We used Georgia O'keefe paintings as an inspiration and the assignment went very well. It's amazing how fast the (eight-year old) students pick up on color theory, composition and value. Some of these children have more passion and creativity than the college students I take classes with (no lie). Once the class was over I jumped in on a Figure study course That's held by professor Pacheco and I got a few sketches in ( one sketch above). The human anatomy is very beautiful, but constantly drawing the figure can get old.

1 comment:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 AbsolutelyOblivious. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree