Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mentality of an Eight- Year old.



The past few days I have been teaching painting/ceramics to a group (20) of eight-year old children. There is something very humbling about working with young children, they are happy and do not (constantly) stress like most adults. They are not exactly innate listeners yet but it is a joy to work with individuals who are open-minded, full of spirit, and have huge imaginations. Today they imitated Van Gogh's "Sun flowers" (Pictures Above). It is true that you can not put an age on talent, these children are extremely talented and amaze me each day.


“We call a child's mind "small" simply by habit; perhaps it is larger than ours is, for it can take in almost anything without effort”


Life has been extremely hectic for me lately. I work Monday-Friday at the college and try to make as much jewelery as possible in my spare time (more pictures soon). I have a new found love for Slam poetry and I have included bit's and pieces of some in my art work (not fully successful but still playing around) . I have recently read "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey and I highly recommend it, if someone is looking for a new read.

1 comment:

Joe_Siharath said...

very well put. Good Job!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 AbsolutelyOblivious. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree